June 10, 2020
Raleigh, N.C. [June 10, 2020] As employers in South Carolina and across the United States continue to reopen for business, they are looking for effective and time efficient ways to make sure their employees remain healthy and safe. Mako Medical is partnering with Luminate Health to launch a patient portal which offers rapid, real time COVID-19 results. That means patients can get their results right as they are being released from the MAKO laboratory.
“The MAKO Medical patient portal is an easy to use platform,” says Josh Arant, MAKO Medical COO. “Patients simply text MAKO to 66349 to register their account and they will receive results rapidly.”
MAKO Medical serves companies and organizations in South Carolina and several other states. MAKO’s Patient Portal is HIPAA compliant and secure, easing the administrative burden employers and medical providers often feel when distributing results to their employees and patients. The portal allows physicians to save time and enjoy better relationships with their patients which helps improve outcomes. Best of all, the portal allows patients the ability to get their results quickly, reducing the stress and anxiety many people feel while waiting for answers.
“Luminate Health is best in class. The company’s focus is on patient portals, and more specifically on patient portals for laboratories. That made them an easy choice for MAKO Medical,” says Arant. “MAKO strives to offer patients and providers state of the art solutions like Luminate Health.”
“We are excited to be partnering with MAKO Medical to bring the Luminate Health patient portal to their patients and providers, as they deliver critical testing services in response to the ongoing global health crisis,” says Shally Madan, Luminate Health COO & Co-founder. Luminate provides a unique patient engagement solution where patients can access and understand their lab test results, and actively manage their health over time. “During this time, when patients are understandably anxious about their lab test results, we are focused on helping our lab partners provide critical and timely reporting to their patients.”
MAKO serves clients with dozens to thousands of employees. MAKO offers employers the opportunity to have a MAKO Medical professional embedded on-site, or employers can request a MAKO mobile unit to come to the workplace and test for COVID-19 in an environment where people feel secure. To ensure employee safety some employers, like assisted living facilities, are offering staff the opportunity to receive testing on a regular basis. “The Patient Portal compliments whichever method a business chooses to deploy, it’s a fast and secure way for companies to help make everyone feel good about getting back to work,” says Arant.
MAKO Medical’s COVID-19 services include:
● Since March, MAKO Medical has processed more than 125,000 COVID-19 tests.
● In addition to the COVID-19 nasal swabs that people have become accustomed to seeing, MAKO Medical is now processing two different COVID-19 antibody tests. The Abbott SARS-CoV-2 IgG and the Diasorin Liaison SARS-CoV-2 S1/S2 IgG tests are EUA FDA approved and validated.
● MAKO Medical is currently processing more than 10,000 tests per day, with plans to increase that number to 25,000 by end of July.
● The company recently renovated 5,000 square feet to its Henderson, NC facility expanding its accessioning space.
● MAKO went from one PCR instrument for research and development to seven dedicated to COVID-19.
● In addition, MAKO added 8 antibody instruments that help read tests and determine if people have been exposed to COVID19.
● MAKO has also added people, expanding its operations from 50 employees working on one shift, to 150 people working around the clock.
The MAKO Medical patient portal is just one more way that the MAKO team is working to provide the ultimate in patient care and access during this pandemic, empowering people to better control of their healthcare.
About MAKO Medical
Founded in 2014, MAKO Medical is a diagnostics partner for businesses, physicians, urgent care facilities, and hospitals around the United States. Mako Medical Laboratories has recruited chemists and scientists to provide industry-leading innovation. Mako Medical Laboratories’ methods and assays are validated for reproducibility, precision, and accuracy. Mako Medical invests heavily in state-of-the-art instrumentation and technology. To learn more visit www.makomedical.com