November 11, 2022
HENDERSON, NC (Nov. 11, 2022) – MAKO Medical Laboratories, a leader in full-service laboratory and COVID-19 testing across the United States, celebrated Veterans Day with the American Legion Post 60 in Henderson by providing free meals to Vance County veterans and their families.
“Our MAKO Medical team has prioritized honoring those who have faithfully served our country,” said Josh Arant, COO of MAKO Medical. “This is the third year MAKO has provided meals in Vance County for Veterans Day and each year has been a great experience.”
Around two dozen MAKO team members volunteered their time to pack and hand out the meals as a way to say thank you.
Founded in 2014, MAKO has intentionally hired dozens of veterans and reservists, placing them in departments matching their skill sets such as logistics, supply chain, and procurement.
“We are very thankful for MAKO’s support of veterans in Vance County,” said Andrew Robertson, commander of American Legion Post 60. “MAKO is a wonderful member of the Henderson community and events like this are evidence of that.”
Since April 2020, MAKO Medical has processed more than 13 million COVID-19 tests utilizing RT-PCR technology and industry-leading testing assays, including the Applied Biosystems TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Assay. The MAKO team also partnered with the CDC to provide next-generation sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 during the height of the pandemic.
MAKO’s core business is setting a higher standard in serving as a diagnostics partner for healthcare providers across the United States. The MAKO Way delivers turnkey lab services with precision and accuracy.
● August 2022: Inc. Magazine recognized MAKO Medical as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies.
● March 2022: Forbes recognized MAKO Medical as one of America’s Best Startup Employers.
● May 2021: the Triangle Business Journal recognized MAKO Medical with a 2021 Life Sciences Award.
● August 2020: MAKO Medical announced the company scored 100% on CAP COVID Proficiency Testing, demonstrating MAKO’s commitment to quality lab results.
● Committed to the U.S. Military—At MAKO’s founding, leaders carved out divisions of the company to hire U.S. military veterans. These teams are foundational to MAKO’s elite and high-touch client services model. In November 2021, MAKO held its second annual Veterans Day lunch to honor veterans, handing out more than 400 free meals to Vance County veterans and their family members.
About MAKO Medical
Founded in 2014, MAKO Medical is a diagnostics partner for businesses, physicians, urgent care facilities, and hospitals around the United States. MAKO Medical has recruited chemists and scientists to provide industry-leading innovation. MAKO Medical Laboratories’ methods and assays are validated for reproducibility, precision, and accuracy. MAKO Medical invests heavily in state-of-the-art instrumentation and technology. To learn more, visit makomedical.com.